Rose has worked in education for over 36 years, as a primary school teacher, a senior advisory teacher, a senior lecturer and currently as a Deputy head teacher in a Newham Primary School. She has written guidance on Literacy, EAL and transitions in Education. She is also the founder Trustee and of a local mental health charity supporting young people and their families. She is passionate about young people and state education.
"I have lived in Stoke Newington for nearly 26 years and have been fortunate that both my children attended local schools including Stoke Newington As a teacher I am also aware of the important role governors play in supporting and developing local school provision. Over the years has been a parent, community and staff governor."
Skills and areas of interests
- Experience as a charity trustee
- Experience of curriculum development in formal or informal learning
- Experience of fundraising
- Experience being a Chair
- Experience developing long term strategies
- Experience of senior management appraisals
- Developed CPD and staff training opportunities
- Experience as a safeguarding professional
- Experience of developing & writing an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
- Experience of equality training
- Experience of mentoring
- Experience of teaching
- Experience of working directly with young people
- Interests include literacy, language, creativity, Inclusion and English as an additional language.
Chair of Governors Roles & contributions to SNS
- Coopted Link SEN Governor
- Chair of TLA commitment
- Taken part in Exclusion panels, staff interviews
- PTA events
- Created Year 7 and 8 reflective garden in collaboration with SNS community.