Welcome to the Sixth Form e Learning and Laptop scheme. Please make sure you have read through all the information you have received, and contact Mr Nick Batchelor or Mr Stewart Hesse if you have any additional questions. The link to sign up is at the bottom of this page.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are passionate about learning and use innovative and creative approaches to deliver engaging lessons that challenge our students intellectually, and develop them to be lifelong learners. Students are set ambitious targets and then given the support and constructive feedback they need to achieve them.
This year we are continuing our integration of Office365 and other online resources to support teaching and learning; preparing students for independent work and learning using tools essential to success in the modern world.
To achieve this we are asking for parental support to ensure that all students have access to a reliable laptop.
The scheme works as follows:
1. The charity “The Learning Foundation” is handling collections, gift aid and the administration on our behalf.
2. The school provides students enrolled in the scheme a device which they will use for:
Research | note taking | essay writing | time management | communication and collaboration
3. In addition, the school will provide:
Access to: Office365 | Show My Homework | printing | Hardware support for devices (including accidental damage insurance) | Four sessions a year to support and develop the students' use of technology to support their learning. We also provide TouchTyping and OneNote Learning tools, and will be exploring additional supportive technology.
4. Parent are asked to contribute £9.50 per month for 22 months(*) (collected by the Learning Foundation). Tax payers should also complete the Gift Aid declaration. We are committed that no one will be excluded from the programme because of their financial circumstances(**).
For students with the Sixth Form Bursary, the School can manage your contribution directly. Please see Bursary letter for more information.
5. At the end of your child’s time with the school, there would be a one-off payment due of £35 in which the student could take ownership of a device to support their move to Higher Education, training or employment
(*) If you can donate a larger value on a quarterly or Annual basis, please do. This will reduce the administrative charges and help us with the sustainability of the programme.
(**)If you wish to discuss this contribution, please contact Stewart Hesse (Director of Sixth Form)
About the Learning Foundation: Parents information sheet 2016
It is very important to the financial viability of the programme that Parents who are UK Tax payers complete the Gift Aid declaration, and that it be the Tax Payer who sets up the direct debit. - This allows the Learning Foundation to claim Gift Aid from the government without costing you a penny more, and helps us cover costs on the administration of the service.
Do not proceed to the links below until after results day.
- Pay £35 Deposit (covers taking ownership of device at end of scheme)
- Sign up to the scheme
- Complete the Home/School Agreement form to the SNS IT Services team office.