All students in Years 7 to 11 are expected to wear the school uniform with pride. Girls’ trousers are no longer required to be bought from our uniform outfitters, however, they must be school trousers. Leggings, skinny trousers or jeans will not be allowed. Any student wearing the incorrect uniform will be challenged and offered alternative items to wear if we have them available or we will contact you to ask you to bring in the correct uniform for your son/daughter to wear. Students who refuse to wear or adjust their uniform may be sent to our Referral Room.
Sweatshirts, sweaters and polo shirts are available for purchase from our preferred suppliers – see below.
Year 7 - 11: No outdoor clothing will be allowed inside the main building. Students must remove coats before they come into the building. This is a school rule and should be adhered to at all times. Students failing to do so will receive a sanction.
31 Broadway Market, Hackney, London E8 4PH
Tel: 020 7923 9313
135 West Green Road, London, N15 5AD
Tel: 020 8800 8909 or shop online at Uniform-me.com
Stoke Newington School has a non-gendered uniform policy. Below is a list of permitted uniform items. Students who refuse to wear or adjust their uniform may be sent to our Referral Room.
- Year 7, 8 & 9: a standard white shirt with collar or school polo shirt.
- Year 10 and Year 11: a standard blue shirt with collar or school polo shirt.
- A school sweatshirt or cardigan with the school logo.
- A plain black knee-length skirt with the school logo.
- Plain black, smart trousers. Trousers must have back pockets sewn from within the trouser.
- Black leather shoes
- Religious clothing or items must be plain black.
- One small stud earring per ear.
- A school bag that fits an A4 ring binder folder
- A suitable outdoor coat, which must be removed in the school building.
The following items are strictly forbidden
- Black chinos
- Skinny trousers
- Combat trousers
- Any trouser that has back pockets sewn ONTO the trouser, rather than from within
- Trainers (apart from in PE lessons)
- Hooded tops
- Branded clothing (for example Nike, Adidas, etc)
Students are allowed one small stud earring per ear.
Students must use a bag/rucksack that is appropriate for the school day.
PE kit must be worn in PE lessons. This is: a school PE T-shirt or school PE sweatshirt, black shorts or black tracksuit bottoms and training shoes. The PE kit can be purchased from our preferred uniform suppliers.