After a recent spate of robberies involving young people around Hackney, students are reminded to take care and be vigilant whilst out and about in the local area.
Tips for staying safe:
- Don't carry unnecessary valuables
- Make your way home as quickly as possible after school
- Travel home in small groups if possible
- If it is dark by the time you leave school avoid walking in unlit areas with little foot traffic, such as alleys or parks
- If you feel you are in danger, return to school immediately or seek help at the nearest shop/cafe
We are working with the local police to explore ways to make the area safer.